Gentle Sleep Coach Program
The Gentle Sleep Coach Training Program:
Kim West, a licensed Clinical Social Worker and founder of the Gentle Sleep Coach training program has over twenty years of experience working with tired families. She seeks to provide a superior level of professional, research-based service in helping parents to teach their children to sleep well.
Each Sleephaven Consultant completed the extensive 80-hour Gentle Sleep Coach training program, which includes instruction in:
- Secure Attachment theory
- Supporting the breastfeeding mother
- Infant development at each age and stage
- Sleep science and behavioural strategies
- Comprehensive assessment and use of sleep training methods
- Postpartum Depression, presented by leading specialist Dr. Shoshana Bennett
- Medical conditions and Sleep Apnea, taught by Dr. Lewis Kass
As Gentle Sleep Coaches, we receive ongoing clinical supervision and advanced training. We regularly confer with the worldwide Gentle Sleep Coach community to help tired families sleep.
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series focused on how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Current evidence-based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.